If you are looking to refinance your home for BIG savings, your mortgage team will need some documentation to verify your identity, income, and assets. With your cooperation, you’ll be saving in no time!


Items in red are required of all applicants. Italicized items will only apply to some applicants.
For a printable version of this list, click here.



Copy of government-issued photo ID (front and back)

If you are not a US citizen: Copy of your green card (front and back)



Most recent consecutive pay stub(s) covering the last 30 days

Past two years W-2s and/or 1099s

Past two years completed and signed federal tax returns, including all schedules

If you are self-employed: Most recent two years business licenses or a letter from your CPA stating the name of the business and the number of years you have been self-employed

If you receive Social Security, Disability, Pension, Annuity, or Other Income: Award letter and bank statements evidencing receipt of funds

If you receive rental income: Lease agreement(s) and/or Schedule E of your most recent federal tax return

If you are starting or recently started a new job: Offer letter from employer showing terms of employment

If you receive alimony, child support, and/or separate maintenance: Signed copy of Divorce Decree, Child Support Agreement, and/or Separation Agreement



Most recent two months bank statements, all pages included (i.e. 6 of 6)

The most recent mortgage statement for the property being refinanced, including tax and insurance information

Statements for any accounts being used for reserve assets (ex: 401K, IRA, other retirement funds)

If gift funds are being givenSigned gift letter from donor and evidence of receipt of funds

If you own other real estate: Current mortgage statements for any property owned, including tax and insurance information


Other Important Information

If divorced or separatedSigned copy of Divorce Decree and/or Separation Agreement and signed copy of Child Support Agreement, if applicable

If living rent-free: Signed letter from current residence property owner stating that you live at that residence rent-free